Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Why do I keep getting this Security Information warning?

I never had this problem before.. I noticed this yesterday when I wanted to login into Yahoo to check my email. Everytime I click the Sign In button on Yahoo homepage this came out... (This page contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to display the nonsecure items?).... I'm very new to the internet so I don't understand.. What would be the nonsecure items? My password to Yahoo? THis is my personal computer.. I didn't know what to do but i scanned for spyware and I have Norton.. the only thing that I noticed was that my Firewall was turned to OFF...so I turned it on..PLease help..that pop up is annoying.. and I want to learn whatever I can ..thanks :)



Why do I keep getting this Security Information warning?anti virus scan



The Non secure items are from that website not from your computer. like someone already said just check the little box that says don't show this message anymore and that should stop it.



I'm glad that you asked this question since you are new to the net. Always feel free to ask any questions that your not sure about



Why do I keep getting this Security Information warning?ariel



This warning is OK and you should not worry about it - it often occurs and reasons may be too technical for you to understand.



If you are still worried, try logging into http://www.yahoomail.com/ instead of going to yahoo home page. This should send you to your yahoo mail login directly. On this page, make sure you see a "pad lock" icon somewhere near the bottom of your browser. The pad lock icon indicates that the password you are going to enter will be sent to a secure server. You should not see security warnings there.
Norton often turns OFF the Windows firewall. This is a normal message, some of the links to images on the page are at different sites which are not secured, but the site you are logging in to IS. There is a tick box to tell the system not to show this message again if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment