Sunday, August 23, 2009

If I print a personal document out without saving it, is this better security? I 'm worried abo

I would like to list my family's nat Ins nos etc etc on a document.



However, I am worried that If my computer is stolen, someone could access my hard drive. If I don't save the document, does this prevent my computer form memorising it? or am I going 'over the top' with this?



If I print a personal document out without saving it, is this better security? I 'm worried about I D theftcomputers



yeah anything that isnt saved cannot be accessed after you have closed the application that it was in, although you should have a password on all of your accounts so if someone was to steal your computer they cant get in (there are ways around passwords if you are smart enough). Also if you are that worried you can make a "Zipped" Folder which will "Compress" (make smaller) the document and you can add a password if you want, so no one will be able to access the file except for anyone that has the password.



to make and password protect a file:



1 save a file (any file you want) to the desktop



2. right click on the desktop -%26gt; new -%26gt; click "Compressed (zipped) folder"



3 name the zipped folder (To what ever you want)



4 Move the file you made in step 1 to the zipped folder you just made (Do this by clicking on and holding the file you want then drag it ontop of the zipped folder)



The file will move from the desktop to the zipped folder

No comments:

Post a Comment