Sunday, August 23, 2009

Is it safe to change your XP's SID (Security Identifier)?

I only want to change it because my Window Blinds 6 visual theme skinning program has a crack that needs me to change the SID so i can install it. Can anyone tell me if this is safe or not, because I don't wanna break my computer's programming and have it not recognize me as the correct user.



Is it safe to change your XP's SID (Security Identifier)?computer protection



Oh its fine. I was first very afraid that I may cause damage to my system so I backuped all my files, created a system restore point and now I'm running WB 6.0!!



Here's my desktop:



http://i20.tinypic.com/34t3389.jpg



Is it safe to change your XP's SID (Security Identifier)?free antivirus download



Dont do it! I have just done it for the same reason and now all my pc is ****** up and I cant find a way to UNDO the change of SID.

No comments:

Post a Comment