Sunday, August 23, 2009

Please help me with my computer.?

I have an old Compaq Armada M700. I accidentally hit the Fn button while I was typing a few days ago and now after being on for 10 minutes or so it starts making cranking noises like it's doing a defragmentation or security process or something and then it shuts itself off. Every day, every time, no matter where I go or what I do. Any ideas on how to make it stop short of buying a new laptop? Thanks.



Please help me with my computer.?antivirus software



To have activated any automated process you must have hit the "Function" key and another key to have enabled that process ... try thinking of what it was you were typing and which key you may have hit at the same time as the Fn key .... or try doing a system restore ... that may be a quick and dirty fix around your problem



It could also just be a coincidence and the grinding noise is dirt or something caught in your cooling fan ... it's overheating and shutting down ... that may well need a technician to look at it

No comments:

Post a Comment