Sunday, August 23, 2009

If I have AVG anti-virus protection do I need to have windows security and windows firewall turned o

Also, if I have both of them on will it make my computer slower? I worry that my two protection systems may be conflicting causing my computer to be slower.



If I have AVG anti-virus protection do I need to have windows security and windows firewall turned on?antivirus



Windows Security Center does NOT protect against anything, it simply monitors your other security apps.



You need a firewall. An anti-virus is NOT a firewall. They are 2 very different animals! Your AVG is not a "system", it is a simple anti-virus.



You STILL need an anti-spyware program in addition to the above. I suggest:



SUPERAntiSpyware:



http://www.superantispyware.com/



They have a free version.



Good luck.



If I have AVG anti-virus protection do I need to have windows security and windows firewall turned on?computer



You need one firewall.
Anti-virus and firewall are 2 completely seperate things. I recommend you keep both
Yes you should have a firewall as the AVG doesn't do everything that a firewall does.
The two programs do different things, windows will work with AVG to insure that it is up to date and AVG will work with windows to make sure there are no redundant services running.



So it is OK to use them both.



-Dweebs On Duty



http://www.dweebsonduty.com
yes
YES
You need.



1 firewall



2Antivirus program



3 Anti Spyware program



4 a good browser..



You need to use all these to keep you secure and can all be run at the same time.



Here are the latest top reviews for these programs.



http://pcsecuritycentral.blogspot.com
Yes you need a firewall

No comments:

Post a Comment